Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sacred Valley Day 3

I can't think of how best to describe the Sacred Valley other than to say it simply cannot be described. It literally takes your breath away at first sight from how massive it is. I am posting a few of the best shots, but they are mediocre in comparison. You can sort of tell how huge the steps are in one of the pictures if you look for the tiny tiny people near the top.

I was also amazed by the activity on the side of the road in the towns we drove through to get to the archeological sights. Horses, llamas, alapcas, pigs, cows just strolling down the path. And the woman lugging all of their produce. It was a century and a world away.

The animals here must be the sleepiest in the world. They are sacked out all over the place, to the point that you think they are surey dead ... until the take their time getting up to change spots. You'll also notice I am obssessed with the children here. They are gorgeous!

Today and tomorrow it's me and two couples in their mid 60s who are quite amused by me. They cannot understand that I'm on this trip alone and they laugh at me constantly when I'm not even joking. They are fabulous - and they usually make it up the hills faster than I do. I'm pretty sure I go to bed about an hour before them, too.
Machu Picchu tomorrow ... the main event!





























1 comment:

  1. Have the best time tomorrow and be sure and wash your feet before you go to bed! xoxo

    ReplyDelete