Sunday, April 26, 2009

Iguazu Falls!





Iguazu Falls is a rain forest park with INCREDIBLE waterfalls on the border of Brazil and Argentina, about a 2-hour flight away from Buenos Aires. After making the reservation for the hotel and flight, a couple of people warned me of how touristy and gimmick oriented the park is, but all said the falls are also a wonder worth seeing. After getting to Devil's Throat, the biggest fall, I say it's most definitely worth it. We both had a physical reaction to the first sight of the falls. it's so massive and the water is so incredibly powerful - a must-do in life. 

We took a boat ride into one of the big falls where you get completely soaked, which was also worth it. 

Oh, and there are butterflies everywhere. 

The little town of Iguazu was more like Peru - very poor and completely dependent on tourism. But we had one of the best meals of the trip. I had a local river fish - Sarubi - and Marge had some pasts dish that I can't recall but was also fabulous. 

Back to Buenos Aires after Iguazu. For me, just one more afternoon in Puerto Madera until a 9:50 PM flight out. Margaret got to spend the night in one of BA's most plush hotels. I was quite jealous. 

Adios Argentina, Hola los Estadoa Unidos!! What an incredible trip this has been. Experience of a lifetime. I hope you've enjoyed reading about it as much as I have loved sharing it with you. 

PS. I don't want to brag ... but my Spanish, surprisingly, is excellent. Muy bueno. 



No comments:

Post a Comment